Categories: Casting, Concept Development, Music Production, Scripting & Show Creation, Talent, Theme Parks
In 2015, Hershey’s Chocolate World introduced the Chocolate Tasting Experience. This attraction exposed guests to the terms and techniques used by professional Hershey’s chocolate palateers, and then offered several styles of chocolate on which they can try their new skills using their five senses. While popular among visitors, this experience had the lowest net promoter score among their five key attractions. It was the least likely to have repeat visitation and least likely to be recommended to family or friends when compared to the other attractions. In an effort to improve the Chocolate Tasting Experience for their core audience – family and children – Hershey’s Chocolate World began to reimagine the attraction with a creative team. After ideation, the external creative team sought out production teams to partner with Hershey’s Chocolate World to bring the new attraction to fruition.
Hershey’s Chocolate World partnered with RWS Entertainment Group to re-imagine the experience by introducing interactive media, special effects and storytelling while providing the tools and knowledge for any chocolate-lover to become brand activists. RWS Entertainment Group brought the theatrical expertise and Hershey’s Chocolate World brought the chocolate expertise. Together, they have created something really special. Hershey’s Unwrapped is a new and unique experience where guests are able to immerse themselves into the making of a brand’s legacy in a new fashion that has not been seen before.
- Script a new experience from the entrance to the exit.
- Create intimate moments for guests to share the experience with family.
- Provide the tools and knowledge for guests to become brand activists.
- Consider the role of interactive media.
Turn chocolate lovers into brand enthusiasts by:
- Offering a variety of tasting opportunities with Kisses and bars. The amount of chocolate offered will feel significant but not overpowering.
- Teaching guests what makes Hershey’s chocolate so special in terms of fresh, high quality ingredients used and the unique cooking methods that Hershey developed. This will impart an elevated appreciation of chocolate and make everyone feel like chocolate experts.
- Teaching tasting techniques that enrich the chocolate eating experience and can be easily remembered and shared with friends.
This brand-new interactive production raises the experience for guests at Hershey’s Chocolate World with exciting effects and deliciously joyful sweets to taste. Using tasting techniques that enrich the chocolate eating experience, this branded spectacle elevates what makes Hershey’s Chocolate so special in terms of fresh, high quality ingredients and the unique cooking methods that Hershey developed through experimentation.
Audiences are also exposed to the intricate design elements, impressive lighting and choreographed effects throughout this immersive experience. At the simple push of a button utilizing automated technology, this production is set to perform up to 26 performances a day – all without a single technician operating the show. This production is self-controlled and ready to entertain over 1,500 audience members daily!