Categories: Concept Development, Design & Fabrication, Experience & Design, Experiences, Installation & Technical Direction, Lighting & Sound, Music Production, Production Design, Production Operations, Theme Parks
Six Flags Great America asked our team to develop and produce their new “Holiday in the Park” feature, which would be the largest holiday event activation in their entire multi-park system. The collaborative design transformed the park into a breathtaking winter wonderland that came with tight budget requirements and an aggressive timeline.
In setting out to create a new tradition at Six Flags Great America, we designed 5 million+ sq ft in a dazzling display of lights, sights, sounds and smells. Our immersive experience featured multiple light shows that combined technologies never before seen in the U.S. We also brought diverse holiday themes to life throughout the park, including:
- The “Merry Mardi Gras” Christmas Carnival
- “The North Pole” where guests could play the eskimo way or stop in Santa’s Toy Shoppe
- “S’mores City” for sweet treats by the fire
- “KaLightoscope” featuring sweeping displays of color and a towering, 200-ft tree
- “Holiday Hometown” for the perfect holiday greeting card backdrop all year round
The massive activation exceeded expectations through increased park attendance and spend per guest. “Holiday in the Park” created key photo opportunities, resulting in a dramatic increase in social media engagement and a lifetime of memories for park guests. Rigorous project management resulted in the park-wide event delivered on time and within budget.