RWS Entertainment Group is currently seeking Technical Project Managers for experiential entertainment projects spanning theme park, cruise ship, corporate event and retail markets.
Reporting to the Technical Director, this role will be responsible for handling all project management and logistics for specific experience installations as assigned. This role will act as point person for the onsite technical team and will manage the details needed to ensure the daily success of holiday décor and experiences from conception through execution.
Status: Onsite (NYC, Milwaukee, and Orlando)
Contract Term: NYC is up to 20-week contract. Milwaukee is up to 19-week contract. Orlando is up to 18-week contract.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage the planning phase for the project, assisting the shaping/reviewing procurement to ensure that there is a clear understanding of scope division and create a cohesive timeline for all technical elements of the project.
- Assess project and resource requirements, assisting with estimating and negotiating as needed.
- Oversee production processes.
- Manage and communicate needs for install materials, labor, and schedules.
- Advance and book heavy equipment rentals.
- Coordinate freight shipments, both international and domestic.
- Attend production meetings, vendor and client discussions, and site surveys to support advance installation planning and document generation.
- Manage the job site for the project, collaborating with the Associate Technical Director to create a cohesive timeline for all technical elements of the project.
- Provide organization and synthesis of technical and artistic information between the production divisions within RWS as well as clients and vendors.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with vendors, contractors, coworkers, and clients.
- Maintain a sense of urgency and accountability with a strong ability to prioritize and solve issues efficiently.
- Oversee the compliance of safety protocol onsite to ensure a safe working environment for staff, artists, patrons, contractors, and vendors.
- Generate technical manuals, guidelines, operation and installation instructions, and as-built documentation for use by internal and external parties.
- Coordinate the schedules and resources of project technical teams for the timely execution of the install process. Re-negotiate timelines or schedules as necessary with any changes or unforeseen occurrences.
- Create a high level milestones schedule for the strike to include: Scope, time, personnel (detailing skill requirements), equipment needed, impact on other departments etc..
- Monitor the milestone schedule for the entire experience to ensure timelines are adhered to and ensure there is a connection between install needs and planned logistics.
- Provide onsite leadership and scheduling, meeting deadlines and ensuring crew safety while collaborating with clients and vendors.
- Communicate with vendors, laborers, and client-based technical personnel for safe, expedient, and professional project organization and execution.
- Educate and enforce project on-site personnel of safety practices through daily Safety Briefings at the start of each shift. Conduct continual Job Hazard Analyses throughout the day at the job site venue.
- Perform all aspects of work in accordance with OSHA, ANSI, and any other recognized standards of the venue.
- Manage the project strike, including overseeing the technical team in collaboration with the Associate Technical Director.
- Produce SOPs for operation and maintenance of the experience.
- Once the experience is live, coordinate all technical adjustments / concerns for the first 3 events days.
- Update the production install documentation to reflect any changes.
- Physical Effort: Strenuous – Physical effort represented by frequent handling of heavy objects (approx. 50-100 lbs.) and materials, or heavy hand tools.
- Comfortability operating heavy equipment and hand tools while onsite, as well as standing for long periods of time, but often kneeling, bending, working from your back and at heights well over 50 feet.
Please Note: While this is intended to be an accurate description of the job, this is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the position, and may require that other or different tasks be performed as necessary and assigned.
- Minimum 4-year degree in Theatrical Design, Technical Production, Production Management or comparable work experience working in a theatre or entertainment production company.
- 2+ years of experience in the entertainment, cruise ship, theme park, live event production industries, or décor installation.
- Ability to meet deadlines, sometimes with narrow time and budget constraints.
- Strong leadership skills and drive to provide all clients with an exceptional product.
- Knowledge of technical elements associated with scenic, lighting, sound, video production and installation.
- The ability to manage budgets and cost estimates for a wide range of clients and price points.
- Demonstrated strategic, critical thinking and problem-solving skills which exemplify the ability to identify issues or challenges and find a reasonable solution.
- You can generate excellent documentation with particular attention to detail.
- A proven track record leading technical teams.
- Strong organization skills, exceptional attention to detail, and excellent analytical, verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly develop trusting relationships with clients, vendors, staff and all partners.
- Comfort working in all weather conditions, as needed with a willingness for physical labor.
- Loyalty, passion, and integrity.
- Self-motivation with the ability to work independently.
At RWS, we believe our bold makers and mold breakers can come from any background. Our stage is open to all applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. RWS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.