RWS Entertainment Group is currently seeking a Technical Services Manager to serve as an in-house manager of technical project logistics and documentation for experiential entertainment projects spanning theme park, cruise ship, corporate event and retail markets.
Reporting to the Director, Technical Services, this role will be responsible for handling technical logistics, as well as supporting the Technical Services division with administrative duties and recruitment efforts. This role will act as point person for technical project logistics and will manage the details needed to ensure the success of holiday décor and experiences from conception through execution.
Status: Mobile/Remote, EST Preferred
Contract Term: Up to 24-week contract
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Hire and onboard teams of technicians for installation projects across the country.
- Manage department operational projects as assigned.
- Attend production meetings, vendor and client coordination, assist with install plans and drawings to ensure safety standards are always maintained.
- Coordinate all technical department needs between RWS staff, outsourced designers, build shops, clients, contractors, and vendors.
- Order, track, and manage all technical supply logistics, movements, and shipments in shops, warehouses, or on-site.
- Liaise and negotiate with current and potential vendors to ensure items sourced are the most cost-effective and durable.
- Record and document all technical information relating to account data as reference for future production and documentation purposes.
- Oversee management and documentation of technical assets (i.e., tools, materials, licenses, job boxes, etc.).
- Resolve operational issues through coordination with RWS staff, contractors, clients, and on-site staff.
- Understanding that while unlikely, the position may require traveling with evening and weekend responsibilities, depending on production schedules.
- Provide assistance in shipments and deliveries, as needed.
- Additional administrative tasks as needed.
Please Note: While this is intended to be an accurate description of the job, this is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the position, and may require that other or different tasks be performed as necessary.
- Minimum 4-year degree in Theatrical Design, Technical Production, Production Management or comparable work experience working in a theatre or entertainment production company.
- 2+ years of experience in the entertainment, cruise ship, theme park, live event production industries, or décor installation.
- Ability to meet deadlines, sometimes with narrow time and budget constraints.
- Strong leadership skills and drive to provide all clients with an exceptional product.
- Knowledge of technical elements associated with scenic, lighting, sound, video production and installation.
- The ability to manage budgets and cost estimates for a wide range of clients and price points.
- Demonstrated strategic, critical thinking and problem-solving skills which exemplify the ability to identify issues or challenges and find a reasonable solution.
- You can generate excellent documentation with particular attention to detail.
- A proven track record leading technical teams.
- Strong organization skills, exceptional attention to detail, and excellent analytical, verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly develop trusting relationships with clients, vendors, staff and all partners.
- Comfort working in all weather conditions, as needed with a willingness for physical labor.
- Loyalty, passion, and integrity.
- Self-motivation with the ability to work independently.
At RWS, we believe our bold makers and mold breakers can come from any background. Our stage is open to all applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. RWS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.