RWS Entertainment Group is a full service, worldwide production company that provides the very best in custom-designed as well as pre-packaged events and live shows for corporations, theme parks, cruise ships, resorts, and the fashion industry. Established in 2003, RWS Entertainment Group was built from the ground up through the dedication and devotion of a hard-working team. We have experienced continued growth embracing our mission, Raise Your Experience.
About the role…
The Technical Venue Manager is responsible for Le Cabaret Rouge venue and its operations as well as overseeing Times Square Atrium and its operations onboard the MSC Seashore. This is inclusive of lighting, video, sound, aerial apparatus as well as quality control of the performances in the space. Will be responsible for run of show, as well as creation of show tracks and managing a team.
- Communicate with vendors, laborers, and client-based technical personnel for organization and execution of the project to be safe and professional. This includes regular weekly meetings with internal and external departments.
- Demonstrate understanding of all working aspects of the project and be able to explain such things to various personnel (laborers with / without experience, clients, performers etc.).
- Oversee / Manage an onsite crew to install all elements properly and safely (lighting, scenic, props, electric, control, FX) both indoors and outdoors.
- Schedule daily labor calls according to the Master Production Timeline. Re-negotiate timelines or schedules as necessary with any changes or unforeseen occurrences.
- Troubleshoot and provide assessment for all aspects of technical production including, but not limited to, lighting, audio, video, projection, architecture, heavy machinery, simple machinery, personnel lifts, power tools, etc.
- Acquire and demonstrate awareness of both RWS’ and the venue’s safety procedures including Emergency Action Plans, PPE Requirements, Lock-out Tag-out Procedures, and additional protocols.
- Oversee the running of shows in Le Cabaret Rouge six (6) nights per week.
- Must have experience programming and operating Pandora’s Box.
- Responsible for operating and troubleshooting aerial automation through NOMAD system; prior experience is required.
- Familiar with use of Novastar and similar industry standards of LED control equipment.
- Regular interaction and collaboration with ship Lead Technician.
- Provide RWS with weekly voyage reports /updates and with progress photos as necessary.
- Provide written maintenance logs outlining details of any issues and resolution procedures.
- Assist with overall production needs as reasonably requested.
- Regularly schedule safety inspections of all equipment.
- Oversee any events to take place within the theater space from a technical perspective.
Please Note: While this is intended to be an accurate description of the job, this is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the position, and may require that other or different tasks be performed as necessary and assigned.
What you bring…
- Excellent communication and management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in theatrical management (production, stage or technical) or 3 years of in field experience required.
- Operational knowledge of technical equipment inclusive of rigging, sound, lighting, video and automation.
- Cruise Line or Touring Experience suggested, but not required.
- Ability to remain positive and push thru in stressful situations, while still accomplishing daily work.
- Ability to communicate with multiple departments onboard, understanding how the entertainment team, folds into the bigger operation.
- Ability to work six (6) days per week for periods of up to 8-months at a time.
- Comfortable living and working in close quarters with co-workers from varied backgrounds.
- Ability to stand for long periods, work at height as required, and consistently lift 75 pounds in fulfillment of responsibilities.
- Ability to learn and abide by all onboard safety regulations as outlined in ship’s Safety Management System.
- Ability to remain positive in stressful situations working under tight deadlines.
- The ability to analyze and evaluate the need for technical support for various events and performances.
What we bring…
- Onboard (crossover) training included
- Food & Lodging Included
- Private Single Occupancy Cabin
- Select Privileges in Passenger Dining Facilities
- Access to Guest Gym Facilities
- Free Laundry Service
- Friends and Family cruise discounts
- Various operational dates ranging from mid-December 2021 through August 2022.
- Flexible start date, TBD.
- Preference will be given to individuals who can commit to full tour (approximately 8-months).
- $800 per week
At RWS, we believe our bold makers and mold breakers can come from any background. Our stage is open to all applicants, regardless of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. RWS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.