RWS Entertainment Group is a full service, worldwide production company that provides the very best in custom-designed as well as pre-packaged events and live shows for corporations, theme parks, cruise ships, resorts, and the fashion industry. Established in 2003, RWS Entertainment Group was built from the ground up through the dedication and devotion of a hard working team. We have experienced continued growth embracing our mission, Raise Your Experience.
Who we’re looking for…
RWS Entertainment Group is currently seeking experienced Theatrical Stitchers for seasonal positions in our expanding costume shop and for immediate cruise ship installs.
- Construct and/or alter all assigned costumes according to the supervisor’s specifications.
- Actively participate in a team consisting of supervisor and other stitchers.
- Understanding of the period, style, and techniques necessary to complete the costume within the costume designer’s guidelines.
- Maintain the integrity of the costume design.
- Comfortable using industrial, domestic, and serger sewing machines.
- Comfortable with stretch fabrics, beading and sequins.
- For cruise ship installs; travel as assigned, valid passport and proof of full COVID-19 vaccination required.
The stitcher must be able to perform the following tasks with minimal supervision:
- Zipper insertion.
- Basic tailoring skills.
- Garment alterations.
- Hand sewing.
- Quick rigging of costumes.
Please Note: While this is intended to be an accurate description of the job, this is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the position, and may require that other or different tasks be performed as necessary and assigned.
What you bring…
- Advanced skills in hand and machine sewing and finishing with an understanding of theatrical costume and construction techniques and terms.
- Demonstrated proficiency in hand sewing techniques.
- Knowledge of/and experience in a variety of costume construction techniques including tailoring, period construction techniques, and alterations.
- Demonstrated knowledge in theatrical construction and quick rigging techniques.
- Understanding of period shape and how to adapt it to theatrical costumes.
- Ability to collaborate with the costume team to efficiently complete assigned projects.
- Ability to listen, take instruction, and to participate in a team to complete the builds/alterations.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and time management skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers and vendors.
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines, in a fast paced and high pressure environment.
- Ability to lift at least 20 lbs, as well as climb and reach on ladders.
- Experience in the live entertainment and event production industries preferred.
- Extremely detail-oriented and responsible.
- Ability to adapt easily to an ever-changing production process.
- In-Office Wardrobe Shop.
- Flexible schedule.
- Competitive hourly rate.
- Cruise Ship Installs (Onboard).
- Food & Lodging Included.
- Competitive daily rate.
At RWS, we believe our bold makers and mold breakers can come from any background. Our stage is open to all applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. RWS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.